This is more a diary than a blog. You can find some information we used while working on something. We decided to keep it here, more or less organized, so it may be used by other people that want to reach the same goal. Enjoy!
You can also browse our posts by tag or by category.
Our latest posts
- Fix GSConnect not mounting Android phone in the file systemTL, DR GSConnect is a great open source app to connect your phone to your Linux PC. At the time of writing, when you try to mount the phone file system on your PC, you are most likely to get an error. Here a few steps to fix this issue. Mounting your phone from GSConnect… Continue reading Fix GSConnect not mounting Android phone in the file system
- Fix Flatpak browser not opening links in UbuntuTL, DR Sometimes Ubuntu stages a coup, setting the Snap internet browser as default. This may break your setup if you actually instralled your browser using Flatpak. Here a few steps to fix this issue. Flatpak vs. Snap Ubuntu has a strong preference for Snaps…but maybe you don’t necessarily agree with this and you prefer… Continue reading Fix Flatpak browser not opening links in Ubuntu
- Use Python Selenium with Snap browsersTL, DR Selenium is one of the main libraries for browser automation and web scraping. Sometimes it is painful to integrate with browsers that are installed as Snap packages, this guide gives you a few examples for a correct configuration. What are Snap packages? Snap packages is the new and preferred way to distribute applications… Continue reading Use Python Selenium with Snap browsers
- Set your User Agent with Python Requests, Scrapy, and SeleniumTL, DR When you crawl the web to collect data you should set a User Agent that identifies you. Or one that hides the tool you are using. Here you can find how to set the User Agent in Python Requests, Scrapy, and Selenium. What is the User Agent? A User Agent is a string… Continue reading Set your User Agent with Python Requests, Scrapy, and Selenium
- Deploy Minio with Docker on a Synology NAS with a custom domain nameTL, DR Minio is a powerful open source self-hosted object storage, similar to S3, that you can deploy on your own hardware or cloud instance. This guide provide you the right settings to deploy Minio with Dover on a Synology NAS and use your domain name with SSL Minio object storage We already covered Minio… Continue reading Deploy Minio with Docker on a Synology NAS with a custom domain name